Sunday 9 May 2010

Saturday Night Fever (3 Cluanie Munros)

I took the opportunity for another run last night, the three Munros just north of Loch Cluanie - Ghluasaid, Conbhairean and Sail Chaorainn - actually, I returned back over the middle one so it probably counts as 4? yeah, definitely 4.

Whilst doing them I discovered a new branch of fell running where you don't actually run up anything steeper than about 5 degrees, I just couldn't get going, still, the down and flats are always nice.

Last of the light hitting the South Shiel Ridge

I didn't set off until after baby bath time so ended up doing the last section of descent by head torch which added to the excitement but also meant I got to enjoy the setting sun over A'Chralaig and Mullach Fraoch-choire to the west.

View from Conbhairean

The sun disappeared as I hit the last Munro, Sail Chaorainn
I set off from the van at 7.30pm and was back at our Highland hostel at 11.10pm and covered about 16km, not bad but could have been faster in the daylight (and if I actually ran some of the ups!).

--Matt

1 comment:

MSJ said...

I am getting a bit worried now. have not been running since the HPM