Thursday 2 April 2009

Beinn Teallach, the lowest Munro ever!

The honeymoon is over and it's back to the hostel routine for us, well, it would have been if the weather forecast wasn't so good! The Inbox could wait a few hours.

Apparently I've let myself go since getting married. Dylan had also been getting fat and lazy whilst my mother was hostel sitting (she treats him too well!) so we both headed over to the Roughburn Munros to have a quick run up Beinn Teallach.

Beinn Teallach is only just a Munro at 915m and has a broad grassy southern slope that would be perfect for a quick run. We took a slight detour through some lovely waymarked forest tracks along a stream (perfect for future dog walks) to the bottom of the hill and then began the slog up to the summit. I was feeling a bit guilty at the top as I'd forgot to pack Dylan any food, but he made up for that by stealing half my cake and covering my water bladder with dog slobber whilst I was trying to set the camera on timer.


It's all downhill from here, literally. The descent didn't take us long, the gentle grassy slopes had a few patches of snow and was a bit boggy in places but was perfect for running down (minus my two falls and Dylan's one). We had a bit of a paddle in the stream to try and clean up before heading back home to the wife.

--Matt

3 comments:

msj said...

didn't thinkyou were ack from the honeymoon until Friday. How were the northern lights.

What aren't you telling us from mums cryptic blog?

bp said...

Mate you've been letting yourself go for a while now... I didn't want to say anything.

Dyldo, if anything, is looking pretty healthy in the photo there. Didn't you have great weather last year at this time too? If it's anything like that then I dread to think what summer will be like down in the 'shire. Well maybe not dread, but you get the idea.

It's my last weekend in my twenties! So I'm sitting in, drinking 15y/o Glen Livet as befits a man of my years - I'm really "lubbing" the single malts since my week up there in Invergarry.

Will give you a call over the weekend,

'ish xx

Phillip: Tandem back man said...

man those photos of the northern lights are sweeeeeet!!!!!